Friday, January 11, 2008

overheard

I was on the run today, and when I had lunch sitting on a bench somewhere in the city, I overheard the following bits of one side of a phone call.
A girl around 20, apparently talking to a guy:
... so you saw her yesterday? How was it? ... Oh really? ... Oh, you know, I don't want to interfere, but she told us on Wednesday, that she was definitely going to break up with you. ... (I couldn't hear anything for a while since she was walking around a little) ... Oh, you know, I'm definately not her friend. I'm not on her side or anything. ... ... Let's meet for a coffee, then we can talk a little longer. ... Are you alright? ... Come on, let's meet tonight ...

Wow! Poor guy. I'm pretty sure that this is not really the greatest way to hear that someone's going to break up with him, especially hearing it from someone who his not-yet-ex seems to have trusted and who is now hitting on him.
Life's a bitch.

No comments: