Sunday, November 18, 2007

a story

I'm trying to follow a derviation of some equation while drinking some wine (not coffee) and the following comes to my mind:
When I was working at the VBA some weeks ago I lived in a really nice hotel with conference rooms and such in the middle of nowhere. Since all the people from my university were there - at the university - or at some meeting or buisy otherwise and I didn't go by car, I went to the Hotel around 9 pm and had dinner there alone almost every night. How awfully pathetic.
One night I was chatted up by two guys. A doctor (MD) and a pilot. It was really nice not to be alone - after being practically alone in the office the whole day - and they talked alot about themselves until they asked me what I was doing. I told them I studied physics and was there to work at the VBA - the first one left to get another drink and chat to some other person at the bar. The one that was left asked me what exactly I was doing there and I answered with one sentence, trying not to be too geeky - he left with a lame excuse.
end of story

No comments: